There shall be eight (8) categories of membership: Active, Associate, International, Affiliate, Postdoctoral Student, Friend, Life, and Retired.
- Is actively involved in the exclusive practice and/or research and/or teaching of and/or administration in an educational institution within the geographic confines of the State of Florida.
- Meets the educational requirements of the American Dental Association for the announcement of ethical practice in pediatric dentistry.
- Is a member of, and maintains membership in the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Practicing pediatric dentists who meet the educational requirements of the American Dental Association for the announcement of ethical practice in pediatric dentistry, who live in United States, but do not reside within the geographic confines of the State of Florida, or
- Is a Diplomat of, or Board Eligible, in one of the specialty areas of dentistry recognized by the American Dental Association other than pediatric dentistry, or
as outlined in Chapter 1, Section 2 who practice, teach, or do research outside the United States.
general practitioner who expresses a desire to treat children as a part of their practice
whose interests are consistent with the overall mission of this Academy
- Is either a full-time or part-time postdoctoral student enrolled in an educational program in pediatric dentistry that is accredited by the American Dental Association or its foreign equivalent.
- Student members shall be exempt from payment of Academy dues.
- All other individuals whose interests are consistent with the mission of the Academy
Members in good standing of the Academy for thirty (30) consecutive years
Have reached the age of sixty-five (65) years
Continue to fulfill the provisions set forth in Chapter 1, Section 2
Have paid all dues and assessments through the calendar year in which application for Life membership is made
Life members shall be exempt from payment of Academy dues.
- Have voluntarily and completely retired from dental practice, teaching, and/or administration,
- Are not engaged in part-time practice or employed in a dental administrative or teaching capacity for which remuneration is received.
- If previously a member of this academy for a minimum of 15 years, have paid all dues and assessments through the calendar year in which application for Retired membership is made. Retired members shall be exempt from payment of Academy dues.